Sunday, December 9, 2007

Multi Color Skinny.......

The Colored Skinny Jean

Trends Come and Go Here in New York City,
the most annoying to date has to be this Multi Color Skinny Craze, I can remember being a High School Student back in the day and no one would dare rock that type'o ish with out gettin their Jaw rocked, and yet it's all over the place now I wonder who creates the trend? Which group of individuals come together and say ok this is what we'll do next... Or maybe it's just one or two people that are daring enough to try it and then a bunch of other mimics run and do the same thing. Perhaps, a student of mine asked why I don't wear Skinnies and this is what I told him.." being in High School and at your age I can understand why you would wear it, it's more of the thing to do fashion wise and coming up in NYC your going to want to follow that trend correctly, it's excused when your 16,17, hell even up to 19 to wear that". See my beef doesn't lie with the kids, it's the older cats out here that are trying to pull this off I'm 24 years old there's no way on God's green earth you catching me in any type of pair of skinnies it's just not happening. It just leads me to ponder what happened to being original what happened to being yourself? Has it gotten to the point that everyone will now mindlessly follow trends because a few kids in SOHO were seen doing it? Look at Stussy and Supreme I can remember a time where no one up in the hood was rocking it. I remember being constantly questioned what Stussy was, I guess it's just a matter of time before brands, and styles are taken to a larger demographic. Ehh, I wonder what will be the next trend.
Crazy kids....

3 comments:

JazO said...

lmfao...that kid is my friend on myspace. smh. ;] ur the greatest ralfy

Rhadamanthys24 said...

For as long as I can remember impressing the opposite sex has played a significant role in why we do the things we do.

So I can only come to the assumption that when these skinny jean wearing innovators started wearing the jeans they attracted the interest of females, not necessarily in a sexual or intimate way, but something more platonic.

Other males inevitably noticed this, and figured
"Let me wear those jeans.. so that I can look trendy and attract females"

For one to be "original" is daring and something quite frankly the youth isn't ready to do..

image is too important..
especially in this world, and in this day.. when cosmetic beauty effects everyone.

If HELEN OF TROY HERSELF.. were to watch an hours worth of t.v
SHE WOULD QUESTION HER BEAUTY, AND BEGIN LOOKING FOR CELLULITES.. LOL

Lets BEGIN A TREND, OF SELFNESS, AND BEING ORIGINAL..

Ironically if we were to do that..
then .. it wouldn't be COOL.. to be yourself.. lol

O the madness!

Www.myspace.com/JuliusMaximus24

When in ROME! Do as A NEW YORKER WOULD DO..

Bella De GoDD said...

I couldn't agree more...though, I believe thats tricky for any age :;shrugs:: or maybe, just maybe...that whole modern retro look just isn't my cup of tea. Nevertheless, a trend is a trend. Has this gone unnoticed...for we are all trends of a sort. Does main stream america overrate the importance of these so called icons of "fashion"? Of course? Can it change? No...like religion, we need a STRUCTURED sense of faith, a structured sense of living and survival... in this case...a structured sense of personality to fit within the standard praises of society. We've all played our roles and till this day, do. Nothing wrong with wanting to accepted by fellow peers, it only becomes a problem when you can't accept in your heart that you're not the only one who sports the material shyt like the rest of good old U S of A.


Who hasn't been living life to stand out? It all depends how long you plan to be on your feet.



Live Long. Rock Hard. Thanks for the new site chulo! I'm liking it alil better than myspace. lol. xoxo